Thursday, October 28, 2004

Used (late exercise)

Okay, so this exercise is rather late. I managed to get caught up in... things. (I did not spend all yesterday playing games, really I didn't... Especially not ADOM...)
In any case, the topic is "Used"

She stared at the wet, soggy paper towel in front of her. Someone had used up her entire roll of paper towels, without even asking her, and now that she needed to clean up the mess her cat had made, they were gone! Someone had used up the toilet paper, too... At least the towels were still around, but she wasn't about to use her towels to clean up after her cat...
"Elizabella! Are you responsible for using up the paper towels!" she shouted.
Her suitemate came in, looking at her curiously. "No, why would I have used them?"
"Well, someone used up my paper towels!"
"Maybe it was Andy, I think I saw her with some friends earlier, and they were all drinking." Elizabella adjusted her glasses, showing what she really thought of Andy's early-afternoon drinking.
Susan sighed. "Well, do you ahve any extra towels? Morpheus here decided to let loose and now I don't have anything to clean it up with."
Elizabella put a finger to her lips, looking thoughtful. "Well, I have some old newspapers, would those do?"
"They're disposable and reasonably absorbent. They'll do."
In a little bit, the mess had been cleaned up, and the soiled newspapers disposed of. "I'm glad that's gotten rid of."
"Susan, we're out of toilet paper, too, and I, umm... I didn't notice before I..."
"Elizabella!"
"Sorry, Susan! It's just that I was reading and it was sooo interesting I wasn't really paying attention and now I'm finished and..."
Susan sighed again. "Okay, you stay there, and I'll go see if I can beg some toilet paper off our dear neighbors."

272 words, 5 and a bit minutes. I don't like this one very much at all. I think it's a bit too silly for my taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home